Pennsylvania Commercial Energy Rates
Pennsylvania deregulated their electricity market in 1997 by passing the state’s Electric Choice and Competition Act providing retail access to consumers who wanted to shop for a new electric supplier different from their utility. In order for a competitive environment to develop, they required the utilities to unbundle their services and sell off their generation assets in order to purchase power on the wholesale market alongside their new competitors.
Electric deregulation in Pennsylvania allows utility customers the ability to choose what electricity and natural gas supplier they would like to use to generate their power instead of the utility. All Pennsylvania customers will continue to remain with the utility they have, it is simply the supply portion of the bill that is open for comparison shopping. With over 2 million customers who have already switched in Pennsylvania, this is one of the most successful deregulated markets showing healthy competition and energy cost savings for customers.
As of October 2022 the average commercial electricity rate in Pennsylvania was 11.19 ¢/kWh (14% lower than the national average).
Why use an Energy Broker?
The 2 most important reasons to use an energy broker like us here at Consumer Energy Solutions are:
- Expertise. We have been in business over 22 years and have a proven track record of helping our clients save long term.
- Since we are placing thousands of customers a year with suppliers we are often offered prices that you as a single business cannot get.
“Thank you again. I appreciate your time in preparing this information. Scammers are everywhere and we are easily taken advantage of trying to save money. With the prices we receive, we look forward to staying with Consumer Energy Solutions.”
Our entire job is to take the stress and work out of finding the correct energy supplier who will give you the most favorable contract and best price available today. We do all the work and it costs you nothing, all we need is a copy of your bill.
1. With a copy of your bill, we can analyze your historical usage, rate class, zone, and load profile along with the number of accounts you manage to ensure you will receive the best rate(s) your account(s) qualifies for.
If you are currently under contract, we can still help with forward start pricing. We have the capability of locking in today’s low rates for when your current agreement(s) ends.
This will not have any negative effect on your current agreement. In most cases we represent the supplier you are currently with. So, we have the capability of pricing your accounts directly to negotiate on your behalf.
2. We will take this information and get quotes from 25+ suppliers in your area and leverage our relationships to negotiate preferential rates for you then relay that deal to you.
3. We use our knowledge of the current energy market to recommend what type of rate and contract is best for your business.
4. Once we have the agreement between you and the energy supplier we will walk you through the terms and conditions, like legal information and cancellation fees, or answer any other questions you may have before you sign.
5. Once everything is signed you’ll be introduced to one of our customer service representatives who will assist you with any future questions.
Because the energy markets change daily and markets are very volatile, waiting could cost your business thousands.
Finding the Correct Energy Plan for Your Business
There are many different types of energy plans customers can sign up for, but the main two are variable-rate and fixed-rate plans. Each has its benefits.
Fixed-Rate Energy Plans in Pennsylvani
A fixed-rate plan, as the name suggests, will have a firm and unchanging price that will last the length of the contract. No matter the weather–hot or cold–severe storms, or even market volatility, the fixed rate will not change for the length of the contract. We recommend fixed-rate energy plans for most customers in Pennsylvania.
Variable-Rate Energy Plans in Pennsylvania
Variable-rate plans change month-to-month based on the fluctuations in the market. Because of this there is a chance for the rate to drop and you will pay less for a period, but there’s also a chance that the rate could go much higher. Factors that can cause this include oil & natural gas pipelines being shut down, world events, government regulations/tax changes, or an infrastructure problem. This all means that your monthly electricity bill will not be the same month-to-month, and you may end up with a surprise. We don’t recommend variable-rate energy plans for most customers.
Learn More About Pennsylvania Energy Plans from Consumer Energy Solutions
Tired of your energy bill going up?
Let us show you why over a million customers have trusted us with their energy purchasing decisions.
About Consumer Energy Solutions
CES was founded in 1999 and over the past 22+ years has serviced everything from small mom and pop shops to fortune 500 companies. We represent the largest and most reputable energy suppliers in North America and have an impeccable track record at securing the lowest rates possible.